Monday, January 30, 2012

SuperBowl XL

As I get ready for another SuperBowl Sunday, I am reminded of my amazing experience working as a Super Captain for SuperBowl XL in Detroit in 2005. Being in charge of a group of volunteers who were overseeing Corporate Hospitality within the stadium, I worked closely for months with the NFL, the city of Detroit and their event planners.


As with all other major sporting events, weddings, parties, and everyday get-togethers, it takes an amazing number of people to make things happen smoothly. And someone to oversee it all.  

One of my favorite memories was walking the halls of the stadium and watching the workers all glued to the television. With major sporting events a common ground is found and for moments, with those rooting for the same team, everyone is a friend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment