Friday, January 1, 2010

Internet Chivalry

Planning weddings, I love the stories of how people met, how he proposed, etc. etc. etc. It's such a happy business and one where you learn so much about people and their adventures. Life is truly about the journey.

Maybe because it was the magic of New Years Day or because it took an amazing amount of courage (and internet stalking), but I received a flattering email from an absolute complete stranger that I had to share below.

"First, I am not an axe murderer (that's probably the first line of every axe murderer), but I was going somewhere today and saw you shoveling your drive, and thought, hmmm...cute girl, who must be single (otherwise, your man would be out shoveling). I always liked your house - even before it was remodeled. On the way back from a run at the high school - you were pumping gas. I almost stopped and said hello. I chickened out...probably best...Anyway, if you would be interested to chat, I am a completely normal stalker...that's a joke. Happy New Year."

While it's not for me, I admire his attempt. After all, we only live once. Go after what you're interested in. What's the worst that can happen.

Sure Babe Ruth had 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times.

Maybe if he had stopped and shoveled for me, I'd have given him a chance...it's a long driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment