Friday, September 4, 2009

MacBook

After my Dell computer of 5 years rudely placed a blank screen screaming "Hardware Malfunction", I quickly ran (did not stop to pass go) RAN to the closest store. Ok, I phoned a few friends along the way for their input (including my best friend in the world who works for Dell). Once at the store I was met with a 20-something who graciously showed me the Dell that I was looking for and explained a few of the features. When I asked if it came w/out a DVD player, he was stunned. Ok shocked and asked why I wouldn't need to watch movies on my computer. I tried to explain, but realized I'm probably one of the only people in the world who still uses a computer solely for work and not for entertainment when I realized it was a battle I was not prepared to take on. I then asked about a Mac and, turning on faster than a Christmas tree on Christmas morning, he swept me off my feet and showed me the glowing section in the world of Mac. I never wanted to be one of them. I still refuse to consider myself a Mac user. But I am completely honest to myself about two things: 1) I am a sucker for good packaging and 2) I truly believe that people younger than me know a lot more than me about technology. If Mac is what everyone wants, there must be a reason for it. Yes, my Mac has a lot of problems that I don't yet understand and my Dell was amazing to me for 5 wonderful years. But I love the white computer in front of me. And yes, it makes me feel younger than any eye cream ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment