Saturday, December 26, 2009

Blogging


When I started this blog, I wasn't completely sure which direction it would take. Which angle I would go after. But like all events and all weddings, each post has taken on its own characteristic. There are many sites out there that tell you the most popular color or the rules of etiquette; I'm sure now and then, I'll touch on those areas, but overall my blog is to provide a sense of who I am and what my style is. It's also a justification for my English degree and provides a fun avenue for writing about topics I enjoy.

It is so amazing when I receive feedback on my blog's posts. I love the random comments that I receive, many from people I do not know. When opening today's mail, there were a few last minute Christmas cards, a lot of information about holiday sales and one special note from a lady in Cincinnati whom I have never met but had a brief call with last week. In a much approved fashion, she wrote me a very timely thank you note on personal stationery. She ended the note by saying "please keep blogging."

I am humbled, flattered and can only respond by saying thank you to all who are reading this. The comments help me grow both professionally and personally, so please continue to send them.

I also adore personal stationery and hand written notes and know that this lady will go far because of this simple gesture. Letters cannot be taken for granted and the art cannot be lost. A txt message or email will never replace the grace that is shown when the time is taken to pen a few words.

This photo was taken when I was shopping for stationery at one of my favorite stores Gus & Ruby in Portsmouth, NH. These girls know, understand, live and breathe stationery (and invitations if you're in the market). And funny enough, this photo was posted on a blog about their store. I would have brushed the back of my hair had I known I was posing, but c'est la vie.


No comments:

Post a Comment