Sunday, December 20, 2009

J.McLaughlin

My inner preppy (or even my outer preppy, it's not much of a secret) was introduced to the J.McLaughlin brand several years ago when I fell head over heels for their pants embroidered with lobsters and other amazing creatures. They were brilliant.

Now as a girl addicted to dresses, I so admire their 3/4 sleeve Harbor Dress that comes in so many beautiful styles that I'd take one of each if given the opportunity and lifestyle to wear them everyday.

As the charmed life of Brooke Sheldon continues (titled dubbed by my attorney), I was lucky enough to become friends with a man who is among the helm of the J.McLaughlin company. And even luckier yet to have an opportunity to catch up with him in New York last week. It's a bit intimidating to meet with a man who knows more about women's fashion than I can ever dream, but I so enjoyed the chance to catch up and brainstorm.

With all that is going on in the world, it is such a wonderful opportunity to reevaluate and become creative with my business plan. I love this challenge and aside of the uneasiness that many are feeling, it has been nice to watch people focus on things that are truly important.

My inner prep has met my outer entrepreneur and worlds are colliding. It's a bit like this J.McLaughlin silk fleece shawl. Are you kidding me. Stunning. I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment