Saturday, December 19, 2009

To everything there is a season.

I own a home that is rented out in the summer months to tourist who visit the beautiful beaches along Lake Michigan. With this responsibility, I have two annual weekends throughout the year that I love. The weekend when I get the house ready for the rental season. And the weekend when I get the house ready for me to nestle in for the winter.

It's slightly a pain. Well, more than a slight pain, but after a few years, I have a good system down and really enjoy the opportunity to have "spring cleaning" twice a year. It is a great time to go through all that I own, organize and reevaluate the necessity of clothing in my closet.

Today is the day I am starting the winter cleanse. The closets have been unlocked, the linens are being changed over, as are the dishes. I recently brought items from the refrigerator in the garage to the refrigerator in the house. Unpacking those long forgotten leftover condiments makes me smile with memories of wonderful summer parties and dinners with friends.

It is a time of year when my life and event planning has a its own solstice, changing from the non-stop rush of execution and travel, to the filing, the organizing, the planning and volunteering.

It's a enchanting day in Michigan that began with my dog taking me for a walk along the near frozen lake, snow that has been falling for hours and fires burning in two of my fireplaces. I've included a few photos from one of last winter's storms.

To everything there is a season. Here's to a short winter season as I look forward to all the exciting things that 2010 will have to offer: Lilybrooke Events, mid-term elections, Olympics, World Cup, and so much more. Some things yet unscheduled and many things yet unknown.


No comments:

Post a Comment