Friday, October 2, 2009

Almost Our Time


One of my favorite tasks as an Event Planner is site visits. I adore going any place that I have never been before; be it a city, a building, a home, a park, etc. etc. The list is endless. Anyplace!


Today I spent a few hours with a client who is getting ready to publicly launch a book that he has written (more about the book later). We are searching high and low to be sure that the venue is not only within our determined budget, but that it sets the proper tone for the event. It has to match the story of the book.


A few fun places that we visited today were the Holland Area Arts Council that is a beautiful facility and the Knickerbocker Theater that is part of my alma mater, Hope College. These are very different venues that each offer a unique setting for the book launch. Personally, I’m voting for the stage of the Knickerbocker Theater since many people in life never have the opportunity to be on stage. Much less attend a party on one.


Stay tuned. It’s “Almost Our Time”.

No comments:

Post a Comment